Tournament Bat Restrictions
ECTB/In the Net
1. In all age groups, all non-wood bats that are -3 MUST be marked BBCOR
2. Composite Bats will be allowed in all aluminum events
3. 14u and under: No bat size or weight restrictions, unless using a -3 bat, see #1
4. 15U and older, Minus three (3) or less weight to length ratio BBCOR only.
5. Wood bat events you can use wood &metal wood ONLY
6. Penalty: If a player in a 15u or older game is caught using a minus four (4) or higher bat, or any player is caught using a -3 that is not BBCOR and makes contact with the ball, fair or foul, the batter is out. Ball shall be declared dead, and all runners must return to their position prior to the pitch. If the violation is caught prior to contact being made, batter may obtain a legal bat and resume the at-bat. Penalty cannot be enforced after a pitch is thrown to the next batter.
9u-14u: No bat restrictions.
15u-18u: players may only use 2 5/8 barrel and bats must be -3 and BBCOR. Wood bat tournaments can only be played with single-solid wood (NO WOOD COMPOSITES, NO DEMARINIS, NO BAMBOO, NO BOMB BATS).
11U-13U – No Bat Restrictions
14U-18U – BBCORE -3
13u and Younger: All bats -5 or greater must be stamped BPF 1.15. Must be a baseball bat – no restriction on weight or length as long as bat has “BPF 1.15” stamp. All -3 bats must be stamped BBCOR. Wood bats allowed.
14u: -5 or -3 weight/length ratio. All -5 bats must be stamped BPF 1.15. All -3 bats must be stamped BBCOR. Wood bats allowed.
15u and Older: -3 weight/length ratio only. All bats must be stamped BBCOR. Wood bats allowed.
19u: To be considered a wood bat, a bat must be made of a single piece of wood. All other bats such as bamboo or two-piece must meet the BBCOR standards and have the BBCOR stamp.